Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Longest Day Of My Life

Never did I imagine I was going to wake up to this eventful day, the moment I opened my eyes on Tuesday morning. Reluctantly, I dragged myself to lecture and PBL. I even followed friends to shop for props around the valley while cutting stuffs (in the car, while walking, waiting) ... I was elated they turned out better. I was still unaffected though my aching knee is not really recovering and I have to wear a supporting kneeguard band. It's okay. I will get better soon. I told myself.

As I returned home, things changed.

But I chose to divert my attention to work. Helping a friend settle some performance details.


I went back home again, like really late in the night. But I had to get out. I could not sleep.

And so I wandered, armed with my Walkman phone... I just travelled from point to point on foot.


Until I stopped.



I sat and just looked around.

The neon lights of the valley and the streetlamps illuminating the dark night skyline.


A moment of pure silence.



I was not alone. The cold breeze of the nights kept billowing keeping me company.

Some peace and quiet. Some break from reality. Some time to reflect on self.


But before I knew it, the sun rising; flickers from behind the hills. (How I miss such sights!)


Without a wink of shut eye for the past 24 hrs, I steadfastly walk towards uni for classes.



The longest day... there's more to come.

No comments: