Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Dear Blog

What on earth am I doing here? Blogging and NOT studying... How sinful it is!!! Especially for a medical student.

What on earth am I doing here? Argh... medical school! Every morning I wake up and ask myself, "What on earth am I doing here?"

It is definitely not because of my parents. They never even suggested this field, in fact discouraged it with much aggression. My dad could have come up with 1001 reasons WHY NOT TO BE A DOCTOR! While The Mother just cannot imagine a pig who sleeps so much surviving the demands of this vocation.

And not having to pay for my education (while being a plus) is a huge burden on my little (feeble) shoulders, you see! Studying medicine is uber-expensive. I AM NOT THAT SMART OK! These days, I am being sent on guilt trips every phone call from The Mother. "Never study and always go out lah. Think you very smart ah?"

So why? I guess it was a simple answer from someone when I was doubtful about pursuing medicine.

"Since you are given this opportunity, why not?"

So here I am...

In the company of people who have outstanding 'doctor genes' born inside them, those who have been striving for this and know so much about medicine that I can never comprehend, those who have gazillions of dollars lining their silver bedsheets, and of course...

The bookworms/library furniture/scholarly elites. Well, let's not talk about them.

Aaaah, I am just a little puppy dwarfed and lost in a hall of giants.

But I am thankful that I have found friends here. Good friends. I love them particularly they slack like me. LoL

Just less than 6 months ago, I was steadfast about getting a music degree on the sidelines while engineering atomic bombs and silicone boobs for Carmen Electra.


What am I doing here?

Donno yet lah. Just have to wait and see lor.


But I do know now, I have someone by my side to weather through it all.

Off to my much-desired and needed dosage of afternoon nap.

1 comment:

michelle said...

*random*

-_-

"people who love to slack like me"

once again:

-_-||

ahahahaha.

*takes a bow*