Sunday, October 22, 2006

Home

Surely like everyone else, I looked forward to this short one week break away from university. Time to relax and sit back, doing my own things at my own leisure. A visit back to the hometown seemed like a natural choice. To see the family (especially The Mother) and my buddies here.

This time around, I had friends tagging along. Hence, I am obligated delighted to bring them (Merv 'The Mario' & Adrian) around the Pearl of The Orient. Ah a fancy name, innit? Hmm that involves dropping by places that average Penangites like me will stay far far away from. Tourist hotspots lah.

So off we went to visit the Khoo Kongsi 'The Heritage Jewel of Penang' kononnya, St. George's Church, The State Art Gallery & Museum, Mesjid Kapitan Keling, Goddess of Mercy Temple, Gurney Plaza for a haircut, One-Stop Midlands & Prangin Malls for pirated DVDs and computer games. So much to see and do, so little time!

Oh yeah, not forgetting Kang Pei Shern's abode which is a haven for antiques. Oh-so-snazzy!

A recap of the culinary delight weekend thus far included: Ais-kacang at Swatow Lane, Char Koay Teow at Lorong Selamat, Coconut Water at Aboo Siti Lane, Terengganu Road Wantan Mee, Hot Wok, The Ship, Red Tea House Dim Sum, the hawker fare at Gurney Drive (we were eating under the acid rain after stomping across a muddy field), a alcohol-intoxicating night out at The Bagan.

[Pictures to be posted soon]


Now, on a more personal note...

I don't miss home that much.

Probably it's cos I have been accustomed to being and living away from home for quite a while now. That college stint in Singapore. All that job hunting experience along the Peninsular West Coast. The money-wasting backpacking holidays around the region with friends. Or is it that I am getting too friendly with KL?

I went into my room. Feels so familiar and close to heart. My CDs and posters lying all over the place. My lovely antique wardrobe. Most importantly, my room here is HUGE!!! And I have my OWN BATHROOM! (recently renovated to a personal favourite tinge of sky blue. yay! Thanks to The Mother)

All the roads and lanes where I can maneouvre around to sneak time. The familiar smiles of people I know. The different neighbourhoods I used to hang out in. Conjuring so many sweet memories, I wished I had never grown up and left home.

Strangely it doesn't feel like home.


COS IT'S BEEN EFFING RAINING CATS AND DOGS EVER SINCE I GOT HERE... AND THAT STUPID WAJA REVERSING INTO MY CAR AND DENTING IT FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER!!!

THAT FUCKTARD AND HIS DESCENDANTS SHALL BURN IN ETERNAL INFERNO!

No comments: